Simple Side Hustles For Teens To Make Money
The best time to hustle and explore your entrepreneurial spirit is your teenage years.
Teenagers are full of energy and creativity and a side hustle can easily be turned into a profitable business.
They could work part time in fast food chain and make a few extra bucks or they could invest their time into something more meaningful, a side hustle.
In this article, I’m going to focus on side hustles for teens that are simple side jobs but also side businesses.
Some side jobs for teens are suitable for beginners just getting started.
Other side hustles are for more experienced teenagers, requiring a small investment.
Here Is My List Of Side Hustles For Teens
How To Make Money As A Teen With Side Hustles
All side hustles listed below can be pursued after school so they won’t interfere with school duties.
During school term, it might be better to focus on side jobs whereas in the summer, when you have more time your hands, you can pursue starting your own side business.
Either way, the goal is to give your college funds a boost or simply save some money.
- Become a dog walker – You can walk the dogs of your neighbors and later down the line, hire your friends to expand in other areas.
- Flip clothes online – Collect all the clothes you no longer need or purchase second hand clothes and flip them on marketplaces like eBay.
- Become a youth sports coach – If you enjoy spending time with younger children, get a job as a coach at your local sports centre and coach children in football, baseball, basketball, volleyball or other sports.
- Become a copywriter – You can find a lot of freelance writing gigs on platforms like Fiverr.
- Take paid surveys online – If you are over 13 years old, most online surveys platforms will allow you to take paid surveys in exchange for cash or gift cards. You can check my list of the best survey sites here.
- Stand in lines – There are several gigs on Craigslist where you are called to stand in lines and get paid.
- Become an affiliate marketer – You are probably already on social media so you can use your following to promote products you are affiliated with and earn commissions. Alternatively, you can create a website and do the same. Check out my list of best free affiliate marketing courses to learn more.
- Rent advertising space on your car – You can place ads on your car and earn a fee in return. Do ask your parents for permission though!
- Teach a dance class for youth in your garage – This way the children do their fitness and you start a side hustle that could turn into a real business.
- Run errands – You can run errands for your neighbors.
- Charge electric scooters – Depending on where you are based, you might be able to install a scooter charger at home for people to charge their scooters and get paid for it.
- Sell your own products on Etsy – You can craft your own products and sell them on Etsy.
- Clean swimming pools – If your neighbors have pools, you can get paid to get the leaves out of their pools.
- Change oil – Your neighbors might be willing to pay you to to go to their houses and change their oil.
- Become a human billboard – Go to your local businesses and get paid to twist signs or turn yourself into a human billboard. Not only do you earn money but you get to exercise as well.
- Become an Amazon FBA influencer – Come up with a great product idea and get it manufactured and sold on Amazon. You do need to make an investment for this one. Here is my list of best Amazon FBA Reddit groups to follow to learn more.
- Paid Gigs – You can find a range of paid gigs on Fiverr and get paid a minimum of $5 per gig.
- Clean houses – You can clean the houses of your relatives, friends, neighbors, do their dishes and laundry and maybe even get referrals and make extra cash.
- Have a yard sale – If your parents allow, you can have a yard or garage sale and sell items you no longer need.
- Officiate youth sports – Officiate matches in local leagues and cities and get paid.
- Become a social media influencer – If you have a large following on your social media platforms, you can get paid to promote products. Check out my list of top Instagram niches to make money online.
- Sell productized services on Upwork – You can sell freelance services like graphic design or writing on Upwork.
- Become a part timer – Search for part time jobs at local shops, restaurants and coffee shops as well as classified ads.
- Become a virtual assistant (VA) – You can become a virtual assistant and work from home provide your have a laptop and good Internet connection.
- Sell graphic design services – If you have a talent in graphic design, you sell your services.
- Sell stock photos online – You can sell your stock images on sites like Shutterstock.
- Flip used books – Buy underpriced books and sell them at a higher price online.
- Become a pet sitter – Pet sitting for your neighbors and family is a great option if you love animals.
- Become a social media manager – A lot of local shops and small businesses might need someone who is tech savvy to manage their social media accounts.
- Become a seller on CafePress – You can create and sell your graphic designs on merch.
- Join the Amazon Associate Program – Amazon pays you every times your referrals buy a product on their platform. Check out my article on how to become an Amazon influencer.
- Pick up trash – Help your family and neighbors with picking up trash and get paid.
- Start an Amazon dropshipping business – No logistics to handle here. Just upload your designs and let Amazon do the rest.
- Do junk hauling – All you need is truck and you can make yourself some extra money.
- Build software – Come up with a unique software idea and build the product.
- Mow lawns – Mow the lawns of your neighbors for money.
- Do Craigslist gigs – You can find nice side hustles like paid focus groups gigs on Craigslist. Just make sure the gigs are age appropriate.
- Become a blogger – If your writing is decent, you can start a blog. Check out my article on how long it takes to make money blogging.
- Become a nanny – Lots of busy families look for trustworthy young people to watch their kids.
- Flip shoes online – Find premium or limited edition shoes that are underpriced and sell them at a higher price.
- Start a gift wrapping business – Many people buy gifts and can’t be bothered to wrap them themselves. You can offer this service to them and get paid.
- Wash cars – You can wash the cars of your family, friends and neighbors and make side money.
- Become an event photography – If you have great photography skills, you can do wedding photography or be the photographer at parties.
- Become a babysitter – If your relatives and neighbors have babies, offer to babysit for them and get paid.
- Do laundry & ironing – most people hate doing their laundry and ironing so tap into that and make some extra money.
- Become a house sitter – If you are trustworthy, this might be the side hustle for you.
- Build mobile apps – You can create any kind of mobile app including gaming.
- Build a sales funnel – There are plenty of drag and drop funnel creation systems you can use to build successful sales funnels for products online.
- Sell items online – You can list and sell your own items or other peoples’ items on eBay or Craigslist.
- Repair computers – If you are tech savvy, this is a great one for you.
- Design sites – You can design websites for money. A user friendly page builder you can use is Elementor.
- Sell old electronics – If you have old electronics you no longer need, you can sell them.
- Become a seamstress/seamster – If you know how to sew, start selling your sewing services.
- Clean windows – Go to your neighbors and local businesses and offer your window cleaning services for a fee.
- Become a tutor – If you have free time after school, you can start tutoring elementary school children.
- Remove waste from yards – Many homes need someone to remove pet waste.
- Build an online store – You can use Shopify to build an online store. Also, check out my article on how to build an online store without inventory.
- Sell handmade items – Create handmade products and sell them.
- Become a customer service representative – You can do this online to work from home.
- Teach online – You can teach elementary school children online.
- Become a model – You don’t necessarily need to become a full body model. You can become a hand model for example.
- Become an Instagram marketer – Companies pay hundreds or even thousands of Dollars for Instagram marketers with massive followings.
- Become a mystery shopper – Do mystery shopping to help companies improve their operations while getting paid.
- Start a niche site – You can start a niche site and monetize it via affiliate marketing and display ads. Learn how to build, rank, monetize and flip niche sites with Matt Diggity’s affiliate marketing course.
- Start a podcast – If you have a topic you are interested in in mind, you can start a podcast and get sponsors. Check out my article should I start a podcast?
- Deliver music lessons – If you play a music instrument, you can teach music in the format of lessons in person or online.
- Write a Kindle ebook.- Write a short eBook and launch it on Amazon. You will be a self published author.
- Start a consignment business – Get into the consignment business and earn a percentage of every sale you make.
- Create an online course – Create a course on a topic you have expertise in and sell it online. Thinkific is a great platform to create your online course.
- Buy a vending machine – This requires upfront investment but you will be earning evergreen passive income.
- Start domain flipping – You can buy cheap domain names from Namecheap and flip them.
- Start a knife sharpening business – Plenty of your neighbors probably have knives that need sharpening in their kitchen.
- Become a food delivery driver – If you are under 18 with a licence, you probably get hired to deliver pizzas.
- Distribute Flyers – You can get hired by a flyer delivery business or start your own.
- Do website flipping – Identify underpriced websites and flip them to make a profit. You can sell them for 30-35 times their monthly earnings. This side hustle requires an investment. Check out my article on how to start a profitable website flipping business.
- Rent handbags – You can start an online rental handbag business.
- Flip Craigslist items – Buy underpriced items on Craigslist and flip them on the same platform or on OfferUp or eBay.
- Join a small tasks marketplace – You can join an online small task marketplace like Mturk by Amazon.
- Clean carpets – You can rent equipment and start your own carpet cleaning business or simply get hired as a carpet cleaner.
- Become a pet groomer – If you love pets, you can get paid to groom them.
- Become a YouTuber – Start your own YouTube channel and make some money. Check out how these YouTubers have done it. You don’t even need to make your own videos, if you don’t want to.
- Start a dropshipping business – Check out my article on how to start a dropshipping business on eBay and make money.
- Teach yoga – If you are into yoga, you can teach it.
- Become a caregiver – You can do this part time after school or over the weekends.
- Start a print on demand business – You can design tshirts and hire a print on demand service to print them after you actually sell. There is no inventory involved.
- Start a moving company – If you have a truck, you can use it to start a moving company and get money and a workout.
- Remove snow – If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, you can shovel snow in the winter.
Which Side Hustle For Teens Is Best For Me?
Hope you found my list of side hustles for teens useful.
I’ve listed plenty of awesome side hustles for teenagers and high-schoolers.
To pursue the right side hustle for you, you need to consider the following:
- What type of side hustle are you looking for?
- Do you want to work part time or have a flexible schedule?
- Do you want to work from home?
- Do you want to start your own small business?
Your goal should be to maximize your earnings while minimizing the required effort.
Starting your own business requires more risk and effort for sure but if you become successful, the pay off can be massive. You can even hire other teenagers like you as you grow.
Online Money Making Ways
Other Ways To Make Money Online